We welcome you to take part in PUBMET2022 – The 9th Conference on Scholarly Communication in the Context of Open Science. After last year’s very successful online conference with 650 registered participants, which exceptionally consisted of invited lectures, panels and workshops, this year’s conference will be more focused on the presentation and dissemination of the research data and exchange of the information and ideas from various experts, researchers, information specialists and librarians, editors, publishers, educators, policymakers, communication specialists and journalists.
Themes of the PUBMET2022 conference include the following:
- Redesigning Open Access – Rights retention strategies and alternatives to paid OA
- Raising efficiency and effectiveness in scholarly communication
- Fairness of Open Science
- Potentials of public engagement in science
- Assessing the quality of research process, research outputs and publication channels
- Media visibility as a driver of scientific and social impact
The organisers of the PUBMET2022 conference invite you to submit an extended abstract (max. 600 words plus no more than 8 references) which describes the main idea of your work, its scholarly or practical relevance, and innovative scientific and/or societal impact.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the members of the programme committee and/or the review board. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to give a short talk (up to 10 min) or present a poster at the conference, depending on the recommendation of the reviewers. The abstract, short talk and poster must be submitted and presented in clear English.
Accepted submissions should be presented either as:
- short talk up to 10 min presented live (if the Covid-19 restrictions limit travelling, online lecture can be held instead), or
- poster presentation that can be either an online interactive presentation or a .pdf file with embedded high-quality graphics and/or videos.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the PUBMET2022 Book of Abstracts.
The authors of selected abstracts will be invited to publish a full paper free of charge in a Special Issue of Publications (ISSN 2304-6775; https://www.mdpi.com/journal/publications), an international, peer-reviewed, fully open access journal on scholarly publishing, published quarterly online by MDPI. The journal is indexed in Scopus, Web of Science Core Collection, RePEc, dblp and many other databases and is ranked in Q1 (Library and Information Sciences) according to the CiteScore. All submissions to Publications will be evaluated by Guest editors and if considered suitable for the Special Issue, they will be sent to reviewers. Authors have the option for all reviewer comments and editorial decisions to be published along with the final paper. Articles in Publications are published under the CC BY licence and the copyright is retained by the author(s).
Additionally, all accepted abstracts, as well as corresponding posters, short talk presentations and recordings will be published on the conference website. Posters and short talk presentations must be licensed at least as CC-BY 4.0.
- abstract submission deadline:
1 May15 May 2022
- abstract acceptance notification:
1 June10 June 2022
- full paper submission deadline: 1 July 2022
- presentation submission deadline: 12 September 2022
Follow us on our social networks!