Managing the Open Access publication process: Bentham Science and Research Square | sponsor workshop
Come learn about Bentham Science Open for journals and e-books and get insights about Managing the Open Access Publication Process. This presentation will focus on helping you understand the publication process, from how to submit a scientific paper through to how to manage your interactions with editors and reviewers to maximize your chances of a successful high-impact outcome for your research.
As a result of this course learners will understand:
- how to effectively submit scientific papers;
- write highly effective cover letters;
- select effective and suitable reviewers;
- ensure your work has the highest possible chance of getting published in your target journal;
- how to effectively communicate with editors and what they expect from authors and reviewers, and;
- maximize the impact of your research after publication.
The stages of publication
- what editors expect from submissions
- navigating formatting requirements
- an amazing cover letter – details and selling your work
- initial review and how to survive
- ensure your papers gets out for peer-review
- dealing with peer-review comments, especially those you disagree with
- managing your editor
- revisions: how to do the most effective job while making the least number of changes
- surviving rejection
- how to make complaints if you feel unfairly treated
Audience: all researchers but especially ECRs and librarians.